Procedure 2.01.01 - Guidelines for Use of Facilities
Organizations and individuals in the community may reserve space in campus facilities for meetings, fundraising, workshops, etc. based upon the following rental fee schedule. Government and educational institutions of the State of North Carolina, Columbus County, and municipalities within Columbus County will not be charged rental fees. Service fees will be charged as needed (see below). Community, civic, and/or non-sectarian organizations within Columbus County will not be charged rental fees. The purpose of such use must be clearly established as not-for-profit and in the best interest of the general welfare of the citizens of Columbus County. Fund raising activities by bona-fide non-profit organizations may be allowed with permission from the President. Service fees will be charged as needed (see below). Other organizations will be charged to use college facilities. Examples include for profit organizations, religiously or denominationally oriented organizations, partisan political groups, and others. The college president or designee reserves the right to 1) waive selected regulations or reduce fees at his/her discretion; 2) deny use to any group that, in his/her sole judgment, runs counter to the mission or the operations of the college.
- All space requests should be submitted at least THREE WEEKS before the planned event.
- To schedule the use of a facility, individuals should contact the individuals designated on the Southeastern Community College Fees and Regulations for Use of College Facilities document, which can be obtained from the Office of Academic Affairs in A-Building, the Workforce and Community Development front desk in T-Building or on the SCC web site.
- If the facility is available, individuals should complete the APPLICATION AND PERMIT FOR USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES and return with one-half of the rental fee as a security deposit (see below) to the attention of the appropriate contact, as designated on the Southeastern Community College Fees and Regulations for Use of College Facilities. The deposit is nonrefundable unless the activity is not held for reasons beyond the control of the activity sponsor or the college. The full balance is due at the time the contract is signed, which will be no later than five working days prior to the date of the event.
- The following table contains the charges for each facility and associated service fees during normal business hours. All organizations or individuals using college facilities after normal operating hours may be required to use the services of a college approved site supervisor who will be present during the scheduled activity.
||Rental Fees (Normal Business Hours)
||$30/hour (double classrooms count as 2 rooms)
||Varies, average 25-30
|Baseball Field/Softball Field
|AV Equipment set up and operation
||College personnel must set up and operate AV equipment
|Additional Security Services
- Use of facilities after 3 pm on Friday through Sunday evening will be at 1 ½ times the regular rate per hour for rental and service fees. (During the summer work schedule use of facilities after noon on Friday will be at 1 ½ times the regular rate). Fees are subject to change.
- Requests for additional Security Services must be negotiated at the time the space is requested. A two (2) hour minimum is required. At least one security guard will be on duty whether the college is open or closed and will be responsible for unlocking/locking rooms. At the college’s discretion, the event sponsor may be required to or may voluntarily hire off duty law enforcement personnel at their expense.
- The college is responsible for controlling the heat and air conditioning of the building. College policy will be adhered to for temperature settings.
- Organizations and individuals requesting space take full responsibility for the maintenance and conduct of the group and may be personally assessed fees for damages.
- The prospective user waives, releases and forever discharges the College and any of its Board members, officers, employees, or agents from all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, actions, causes of action, demands or costs of any nature whatsoever that may arise in connection with the activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of the College, or any of its Board members, officers, or employees or agents or caused by some other means. The prospective user hereby agrees not to file suit against the College or any of its Board members, officers or employees. The prospective user agrees to indemnify and hold the College and its Board members, officers, and employees, harmless from all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, actions, causes of action, demands, or costs of any nature whatsoever that may arise in connection with the proposed activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of the College, its Board members, officers, employees, or agents, or caused by some other means. The terms of this application and the terms of the contract shall bind the prospective user and its members and assigns.
- Depending on the size and/or nature of the event, the college may require that a certificate of general liability insurance be presented with the college listed as an additional insured.
- No group using the college facilities may deny admission to their activities based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, or age.
- If furniture is re-arranged for an event, the room must be returned to its original set-up after the event.
- Users who have events scheduled when the college is closed, must have a copy of the APPLICATION AND PERMIT FOR USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES available for review by the security officer assigned.
- All clean-up must occur immediately following an event and must be completed before 8 a.m. the next day (provided another group is not scheduled to use the space). The College does not furnish cleaning materials and equipment such as vacuum cleaners. A clean-up fee of $20/hour may be charged if facilities are not properly cleaned.
- Use of college equipment, if available, must be scheduled at the time the space is requested. An additional fee may be charged.
- NO DRUGS, ALCOHOLIC LIQUORS, BEER, OR WINE IS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS.
- The college is a TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS. No use of tobacco products, e-cigarettes, or any product simulating smoking instruments is allowed on campus.
- No overnight groups are allowed. Space must be vacated by 11 p.m.
- Private organizations, groups or individuals on a restricted basis are not allowed (e.g. dances, birthday celebrations, parties, weddings, etc.) No outside groups may hold dances on college property. Dances are restricted to college organizations and students only.
- Limit parking to appropriate parking areas. The college cannot guarantee available parking.
- Sanctions may be imposed against groups/individuals failing to properly clean or follow policies. These include, but are not limited to, additional charges and/or loss of space privileges for a specified period of time.
- Equipment (e.g. fog machines) that may activate the fire alarm system cannot be used. No open flames (i.e. candles) allowed on campus.
- There is NO COOKING in college facilities.
- There is to be no eating or drinking in the auditorium or classrooms.
Last Updated on April 28, 2016