Students enrolled in the Broadcasting Production Technology curriculum will develop professional skills in radio, television, audio, video and other related applications. Training will emphasize speech, script writing, production planning, editing and post production. Students will also study the development of the broadcasting industry, sales, ethics, communication law, marketing and management. Hands-on training and teamwork skills are essential to the instructional process.
The program at Southeastern emphasizes entrepreneurial applications using digital audio and video production/post-production with distribution via electronic formats, the Internet, the campus radio station and campus cable station.
Upon successful completion, students will be prepared to enter the broadcasting or production industries and other related fields and occupations.
Job placement for those who successfully complete the above coursework and obtain their degree include, but are not limited to:
- Audio Recording Engineer
- Documentary Producer /Director
- Freelance Video Producer/Director
- Multimedia Producer
- Radio/TV News or Sports Reporter
- Radio/TV On-Air Personality
- TV/Motion Picture Production Assistant
- Television editor or other crew position
- CareerPage.org: Broadcasting
- BEA: Educating for Tomorrow’s Media
- National Association of Broadcasters
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Media and Communication Occupations
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Film and Video Editors and Camera Operators
- BLS: Television Broadcasting
- BLS: Radio Broadcasting
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- Southeastern Community College BPT EDU-Cable