We’re excited to welcome you to our campus!
You may be asking, “What does S.O.A.R. stand for?” It stands for Student Orientation & Academic Readiness. S.O.A.R is a key component to your success at SCC.
Here are a few important notes about S.O.A.R.:
- S.O.A.R. is vital to your success at SCC and is necessary for all new students to attend.
- S.O.A.R. lasts approximately three to four hours. Please make work, childcare, and transportation plans accordingly.
- Plan to arrive at the start of check-in (listed below) to allow time for you to receive the necessary materials for the orientation.
- Due to the length and importance of S.O.A.R., the program is limited to adults only. However, adult family members are invited to attend.
- Please log into your Self Service account and set your password before S.O.A.R..
- Check-in will be located in the Auditorium (D-Building) on your S.O.A.R. day, unless otherwise indicated.
S.O.A.R. Dates & Times
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 9:00-11:00 AM
Monday, July 29 from 9 AM – Noon for Business and Technology students
Tuesday, July 30 from 9 AM – Noon for Public Service students
Wednesday, July 31 from 9 AM – Noon for College Transfer students
Thursday, August 1 from 9 AM – Noon for Health Technology students