Interested in getting 2 years’ worth of free tuition & fees?
See if you qualify for our SCC Success Scholarship. Applicants must:
- Be a North Carolina resident who recently graduated from a high school in Columbus County.
- Complete the FAFSA and apply for all other SCC scholarships before receiving the SCC Success Scholarship.
- Successfully complete two Career & College Promise courses to be eligible for the program.
- Have a 2.8 unweighted GPA in high school.
- Be continuously enrolled in the fall and spring semesters and have a maximum of two years to use the guarantee.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA at the end of their first spring semester in the program to be eligible for the second year in the program and not have any disciplinary actions taken against them.
- Agree to participate in surveys about their experience at SCC.
About the Scholarship
- This guarantee covers tuition and fees, not books or supplies.
- Scholarship recipients’ progress towards completion will be tracked.
- All recipients will be surveyed to identify the impact of the scholarship on their decision to attend SCC and to identify an barriers to success.
About Career & College Promise
Through a partnership of the Department of Public Instruction, the NC Community College System, the University of North Carolina System and many independent colleges and universities, North Carolina is helping eligible high school students to begin earning college credit at Southeastern Community College at no tuition cost to them or their families.
The purpose of Career and College Promise is to offer structured opportunities for qualified high school students to dually enroll in community college courses that provide pathways that lead to a certificate, diploma or degree, as well as provide entry-level job skills. Structured pathways are detailed programs of study that help students accelerate their progression towards a college degree and/or increasing their technical skills in preparation for a career in that field.
College Transfer Pathways are for students planning to continue education through SCC and then transfer to a 4-year college or university.
- Pathways Include: Diploma leading to an Associate of Arts, Diploma leading to an Associate of Science
Career & Technical Education Pathways are designed for students to earn a certificate or diploma in a particular technical or career field with the intent of completing the Associate of Applied Science at Southeastern Community College.
- Pathways Include: Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology; Broadcasting and Production Technology; Business Administration; Early Childhood Education; Electrical Engineering Technology; Information Technology; Nurse Aide; Office Administration (Medical Emphasis); Phlebotomy; Welding
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Apply for admissions to Southeastern Community College
- Step 2: Bring your SCC application signature page, official high school transcript, and official test scores (SAT, PSAT, ACT, PLAN) to an information session at your high school.
- Step 3: Set an appointment to meet with the Career and College Promise Liaison, Rebecca Holden, by emailing dates and times that are good for you to email@example.com, and she will confirm her earliest available date.