Special or Visiting Student
Special Credit students are those who are non-degree seeking and who do not receive financial aid. Follow these simple steps to start your admissions process for SCC.
- Apply for Admission
- We encourage you to submit your online application at least one week prior to classes starting.
- Students will register with an admissions counselor, admissions advisor or the admissions recruiter.
- Students are encouraged to select a program of study prior to reaching 18 credit hours.
- Submit official or unofficial college transcripts only to meet pre-requisites for the course(s) you want to take.
- View the course descriptions in the back of the Southeastern Community College catalog to determine pre-requisites. Pre-requisites must be documented via college transcripts or placement test scores. If no prerequisites are required for a course(s) then college transcripts or placement test scores do not need to be provided.
- Mailing Address:
- Southeastern Community College
- Attention Registrar’s Office
- PO Box 151
- Whiteville, NC 28472
- Take the Placement Test
- Set up your SCC student email and Moodle account
Admissions of Visiting Students
Visiting students are those who are admitted and enrolled in another college or university and wish to enroll in SCC to complete course work required by their home college. Follow these simple steps to enroll as a visiting student at SCC:
- Submit a completed SCC application.
- If required, submit official written permission from your home institution to transfer SCC courses back to your home institution.
- Provide verification of completion of applicable prerequisites prior to enrolling in SCC courses.
- If receiving financial aid you must work out payment for the course with each college’s financial aid office.