RISE Placement Assessment
Who must test?
- Students who have graduated from high school more than ten years ago and have not taken any college classes.
- Students who have earned a high school equivalency or adult high school diploma and have not met the required scores:
- GED – all subject test scores 170 or higher (2014 to present)
- HiSET – all subject test scores 15 or higher and a 4 or higher on the essay (2014 to present)
- Students who have graduated from a high school outside of the U.S.
RISE Test Information
- The test is untimed.
- The test is multiple choice. If you skip a question, you cannot go back to it and it is considered incorrect.
- Each section takes about an hour to complete.
- A score of 75 demonstrates mastery.
- We will provide paper, pencils, a math formula sheet, and a calculator.
RISE Placement Assessment Schedule
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 8:15 AM and 1:30 PM
Accommodations for the RISE placement assessment are available for students with a documented disability. Please see Disability Services to request accommodations
Your Next Steps
- Schedule an appointment by calling Andrea Rofail 910.788.6363.
- Arrive in A-Building, Room 100 (Student Services) about five minutes before assessment begins.
- Please bring a photo identification to the test session.
- Cell phones are not permitted during the test session.
- Test results are usually available immediately after testing.
- If you are not feeling well on the day of testing, please consider rescheduling the test.
- Be well-rested and nourished. Take your time and do your best!