Steps To Apply

New or Returning Students

New Students

We’re so glad you want to join the #RamsFam. Follow the steps below to get started!

Returning Students

Welcome back! If you haven’t taken courses in over a year, you’ll need to submit an updated admissions application and update your Residency Determination (if it expires before the start term in which you plan to enroll). Because you’ve previously attended, you’re simply re-applying to update your information and eligibility to register for courses.

First, complete your North Carolina Residency Determination. This establishes whether you’ll pay in-state or out-of-state tuition. Once completed, you will be assigned a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Save this number. You’ll need it for the SCC Admission Application.

If you are currently enrolled or previously attended a North Carolina college or university, please review this information:

If you have a valid residency status that will not expire before the term you wish to enroll begins, you do not need to complete the residency process again. You can use your current/valid residency certification number for SCC enrollment. If this is the case, proceed to step two. If your residency application will expire before the term you wish to enroll begins, please continue with the residency application and renew your residency status.

Now you’re ready to complete the admission application!

Things to remember:

  • It’s free.
  • If you applied within the last year, you do not need to reapply.
  • Please contact Student Services to confirm.
  • When completing your application, if you aren’t sure which major to select, please review our career resources.

If you have questions or need assistance with the admission application, contact Student Services at [email protected] or 910-788-6358.

If you previously submitted official high school or college transcripts, they should be on file. If for some reason we need you to re-submit any documents, we’ll notify you during the admission process.

If you have earned an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university, you may submit an official college transcript with a graduation date in a place of an official high school transcript. However, a high school transcript is required for students using financial aid. Certain academic programs, including health sciences, require an official high school transcript.

Don’t leave money on the table. There are so many ways to pay for college. SCC awards millions of dollars in scholarships and financial aid each year. The first step is to complete the FREE application for Federal Student Aid.

Things to keep in mind:

  • The SCC school code is 002964
  • If you need help completing your FAFSA, our financial aid team is available for walk-in sessions at SCC in A-Building, or you can schedule an appointment
  • Make sure you complete the correct FAFSA for when you plan to enroll at SCC

Once Complete, Register!